Sedation and Anesthesia
Patient safety - one patient at a time
At Cache Valley Wisdom Teeth our team is dedicated to ensuring that your wisdom teeth removal experience is safe and comfortable. One way we do this is by working with one patient at a time.
The safety of our patients is our number one priority. To ensure that we keep you safe during your procedure:
- Staff receive regular training regarding sedation and emergency management
- All staff are BLS certified
- We conduct regular mock emergency drills
- We use state-of-the-art equipment to aid us in monitoring your safety
Benefits of sedation:
- Eliminates pain, anxiety and stress
- Allows for total comfort during lengthy procedures
- Makes the patient unaware of the surrounding and ongoing surgery
- Is safe when administered by a trained professional
- Allows for the oral surgery procedure to be performed more safely
- Allows for fewer appointments since the patient is comfortable and can tolerate the needed procedure.
Sedation and Anesthesia Safety
IV Conscious Sedation
In our office we use “conscious” IV sedation. This type of sedation is different than what you would receive in the hospital. It is lighter, but still allows patients to feel relaxed and feel like they slept through the whole procedure. One of the greatest benefits of “conscious” sedation is that it is safer for patients. They are able to breathe on their own, swallow or clear their throat if water is in their mouth, and be able to respond to their doctor and staff. Most patients do not recall anything between the time the doctor gives the sedation medication until shortly after the procedure is finished.
Most people would prefer not to remember their wisdom teeth removal surgery. Sedation is a great way to accomplish this. Wisdom teeth are in the back of the mouth and it can be difficult for many patients to tolerate having them removed while fully conscious. To help patients forget or “sleep” through the experience, we provide the option of IV sedation. This helps our patients feel as if they completely slept through the whole procedure. IV sedation is especially useful for patients who are young, fearful or anxious.